The No-Pairing-Off Challenge

I will not make myself a "couple" with another person. I respect our friendship too much.
I will bring the focus and the fun away from the "couples" in my group, providing a good time for everyone else who--like me-- feels uncomfortable.
I will develop healthy friendships with everyone, but save the special period of courtship for the time when I want to be married.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Pop Songs and True Love

In Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" she raises some interesting points. It's as if she takes society's idea of love and portrays it through phrases such as...
"Love's a game, wanna play?"
"Magic, madness, heaven, sin"
"I'm dyin' to see how this one ends."
"You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain."
"Boys only want love if it's torture." 
 "It'll leave you breathless or with a nasty scar."  
But how do you want your relationship to be like? Do you really want it to be a "Hey, you're a guy (or a girl)! Lets see if we can live together and get along!"? Or do you want something you know could last forever?

I still listen to pop music, it's fun! But I try to recognize the messages that it's sending about love and combat that message.

So now, imagine your ideal relationship. Imagine your ideal spouse. Now, think of a song that you think perfectly illustrates that relationship, or that person and put it in the comments below.

Also, if you'd like, consider where your at with relationship's right now and come up with a song for that as well. Feel free to post anything (appropriate) that you find in the comment thread.

3 comments:

  1. So for my current relationship "status" I love the song from Shrek 2: "I Need a Hero." But for my future marriage, my song(s) would be "Ain't no Mountain High Enough," and "You Raise Me Up."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Tova! This is so perfect. The worlds view on love is so different than God's view. I love the long "Someday Soon" by Francesca Battistelli. Because even though I tell myself that I don't think about guys in that way there are times where I find myself imagining what it'll be like and I feel like the things she talking about in the song are so pure and what a happy relationship will be like...someday. :D

    Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5wveP6qTI

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kdHu2gQQI
    Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran, is an ideal love song for me. I especially love songs (there are a lot by Coldplay) that talk about unconditional love, like, no matter what I'm never gonna stop loving you. It's a huge contrast to a song like Blank Space, where she's going into the relationship already planning for the break up. It's sad. Love is supposed to be forever, I wish everyone knew. But yeah, I still listen to pop music haha, I really need to stop :P

    ReplyDelete