The No-Pairing-Off Challenge

I will not make myself a "couple" with another person. I respect our friendship too much.
I will bring the focus and the fun away from the "couples" in my group, providing a good time for everyone else who--like me-- feels uncomfortable.
I will develop healthy friendships with everyone, but save the special period of courtship for the time when I want to be married.

Monday, July 20, 2015

A Conversation Between Monday and Friday

This is a beautiful story!! Especially for all the girls out there. Don't settle for the party! Find someone who will keep and cherish you.

(originally posted by Stephen Palmer)
Sisters Monday and Friday were sitting on Father Time’s front porch swing one evening when Monday burst into tears.

“What’s wrong?” asked Friday.

“I’m depressed,” wailed Monday.

“You always are,” Friday said. “What is it this time?”

“Nobody likes me. Everyone always talks about how much they hate me. In fact, someone just told me, ‘If each day is a gift, I would like to know where I can return Mondays.’ Nobody wants me.

“I wish I could be more like you. Everyone loves you. Everyone can’t wait to see you.

“I’m ugly and boring and depressing and stupid. You’re the fun one that everyone wants to be with. You’re bright and shiny and beautiful and exciting. Everyone feels best when they’re around you. No one can stand to be around me, and as soon as I come around, they try to avoid me.

“I just want to be loved. I’ll do anything to have someone love me like they love you.”

Monday was too consumed with her own grief to notice a tear trickling down Friday’s cheek.

Friday took Monday’s hand, and Monday looked up through her tears.

“Can I tell you a secret?” Friday said. Monday nodded.

“I’ve always wished I could be more like you.”

Monday was stunned. “What? Why?”

“It’s true that I’ve always been more popular than you. But you’ve never seen the reality of that. I always attract the wrong guys whose love for me is fickle and superficial. They use and abuse me. They don’t really love me for me. They just want to have fun with me. Sure, I’ve had plenty of flings. But they always end up leaving me. I’ve never had a deep and lasting relationship with anyone.

“My beauty is skin deep. But yours is deep.”

“What do you mean?” Monday asked.

“It’s not true that everyone hates you,” Friday said. “It just looks that way. But what you’ve never seen, which is so painfully obvious to me, is that you attract the right guys who love you for the right reasons.

“I attract the guys who hate their jobs and their lives. They just want to have fun with me to escape. You attract the guys who love their lives and their vocations. You attract the most interesting, creative, innovative, productive, and dynamic people — the ones who have found their Soul Purpose, who have tapped into their gifts and who develop and use them in service to the world. The best guys are the ones who can’t wait to see you, not me.

“I’ve observed how you’ve never even noticed them because you’re so consumed with the guys who hate you. But I would give anything to have a relationship with one of the guys who love you. They will never leave you for a more beautiful day. They are the ones who will always be in love with you, who will always be there for you.

“Don’t you see it? The guys who can’t wait to see me haven’t found themselves. The guys who can’t wait to see you may be few, but they are the ones worth spending time with. Trust me, you don’t want a relationship with the guys who love me. Underneath all their fun-loving talk, they’re really just miserable.”

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! And so true! And for all the Monday girls, don't get caught up with the guys that seem to hate you. Its not worth it!

    ReplyDelete